RICE RENTALS INC
RULES AND REGULATIONS Lessee agrees that these Rules and Regulations, which Lessee acknowledges receiving, are made a part of this Lease, and further agrees to abide by and observe such Rules and Regulations and any responsible additions or modifications to same by Lessor during the term of this lease.
- NO PETS ALLOWED: No pets allowed in or around the apartments or buildings. Guests are not allowed to bring their pets with them to visit, not even temporarily. There will be a $200 fine incurred for each violation with no exceptions if a pet or its belongings are evident. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Vehicles: All vehicles, including motorcycles, shall be parked in designated parking locations only. Vehicles shall not be parked on unpaved areas, sidewalks or in front of trash dumpsters. No motorcycles allowed inside rental units. Vehicles must be currently licensed, in operable condition and may not have flat tires or be missing exterior parts. Lessees may not make repairs to vehicles or change oil on the Premises. Vehicles in violation of these restrictions will be removed from the Premises at Lessee’s expense. *NOTE: There is a fine up to $500 for driving onto grass or sidewalk areas. Permits – refer to parking policy.
- Disturbances and Noise: At no time shall a Lessee or Lessee’s guest, invitees, family or dependents use the premises in a manner which annoys, disturbs or otherwise hinders other resident’s quiet enjoyment. Excessive noise, loud playing of music, TV’s or amplifiers shall not be permitted. (Amplifiers are not allowed.)
- Health and Safety: Lessee shall keep the Unit and Premises in a safe, clean and sanitary condition. Lessee shall keep all appliances, fixtures and furniture in a clean condition. Lessee cannot store garbage or combustible items in or on the premises. Lessee is required to report any infestation of vermin, cockroaches or bedbugs. Refer to the bedbug policy.
- Garbage: Garbage shall be taken directly from the Lessee’s apartment to the trash dumpster / containers provided by Lessor. Trash must be placed in the dumpsters / trash cans and not around them. Do not block the dumpsters; this prevents the dumpsters from being serviced. Garbage, trash and refuse shall not be kept or stored outside of Lessee’s apartment at any time. *NOTE: A fine of $25.00 per bag will be charged to your apartment if found outside your door, not taken directly to the trash receptacle.
- Common Areas: Lessee shall keep all common areas including but not limited to laundries, hallways, stairways, sidewalks, parking areas and unpaved areas free of trash, litter, obstructions, and personal belongings. Common areas shall be used in a manner as to not disturb the use of these areas by others.
- Daycare / Babysitting: Lessee shall not conduct daycare or babysitting on the Premises as a means of employment.
- Laundries: Lessee shall keep the common laundries safe and clean. The washer and dryers shall be used in an appropriate and customary manner. Lessee shall place all trash in trash containers.
- Locks and Keys: Lessee shall not add or change any locks. If Lessee desires a lock change, the Lessee will be charged $150.00. Replacement apartment keys are $10 each. Mail box keys are arranged through the United States Postal Service. Should Lessee be locked out of Lessee’s apartment after office hours and require assistance from Lessor, Lessee will be charged $50, this charge will not apply to lock outs due to faulty locks.
- Outside Furniture, Grills, etc.: Upholstered furniture, grills and Lessor provided furniture shall not be placed or used outside the apartment unit.
- Window Coverings / Signs: Lessor provided mini-blinds shall not be removed from windows. No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or political signs are allowed to be visible from the exterior of the building are permitted.
- CARPET: Lessees are expected to take reasonable care of their carpets. Vacuuming the carpets on a regular basis and cleaning up after food spills. Lessees are responsible for damage to carpets from items such as spilled bleach, cigarette burns, iron burns, “popcorn” pan burns, gum, spray paint, paint, glue, make up, etc. This type of damage is not considered normal wear and tear.
- Satellite Dishes/ Antennas: Lessee shall not install satellite dishes, antennas or cable without the written permission of Lessor. This includes running cable thru walls from one room to another room.
- Attaching Items: Lessee shall use small nails or nail type picture hangers to hang items on drywall surfaces. Permanent adhesive hangers are not permitted. 3M command strips are allowed. Under no circumstances are bolts, drilling in cement block or running cable/wire thru walls ever allowed. Decals, stickers or paint shall not be placed on appliances, furniture, fixtures, walls, doors, windows, mirrors or any other surfaces. Lessee’s rugs or carpets shall not be glued, taped or nailed, including tack strip, to the floors
- Emergency Calls: All non- emergency maintenance requests should be made during normal office hours. In case of an after-hours emergency, the office answering service provides the emergency number. An emergency is a situation in which either a Resident or the premises will suffer loss and / or damage if the situation goes uncorrected until the office next opens. Examples would be water running through an apartment or from one apartment into another apartment or common area, smell or release of natural gas, no heat in apartment with the outside temperature outside is below 30*F, smoke or situation that might result in a fire. Lessor is not responsible for loss of utilities due to natural disaster, weather or failure of utility service.